Re: [opensuse] Screensaver can't be turned off / multiple screen savers?
Hello,

On Sun, 09 Jan 2011, Claes H wrote:
I have a Dell Precision M4500 and it seems there are multiple screen
savers in use. I am running Gnome on 11.3 and although the Gnome
screen saver is turned off, the screen blanks after 5 minutes of
movie-watching. This happens in the framebuffer too (Ctrl-Alt-F1) but
not in the console (Ctrl-Alt-F2). I don't know how to turn this off.
Does someone know how to disable this screen saver?

Add to your ~/.xinitrc after the comment

====
#
# Add your own lines here...
#
====

these two commands

====
xset s off
xset -dpms
====

If you don't have a .xinitrc, copy .xinitrc.template from ~/ or
/etc/skel.

On the console, the following in ~/.profile or even /etc/profile.local
might help:

====
setterm -blank 0
setterm -powersave off
setterm -powerdown 0
====

See 'man 1 xset' and 'man 1 setterm'.

HTH,
-dnh

--
George: So, my whole life, everything, all I get to keep are thoughts
and memories?