Re: [opensuse] Move to IPv6 [Was: What is the proper entry for /etc/hosts]
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 12:26:30 +0100 (CET)

On Wednesday, 2011-01-05 at 12:12 +0100, Per Jessen wrote:

Carlos E. R. wrote:

I can't move unles:

My ISP changes to IPv6
The rest of the world changes

Not quite correct - like Hans suggests, you could use a tunnelling
setup, or use as a 6to4 relay. The rest of the world is
already changing, even if only slowly.

I could move, but what do /I/ gain?
Nothing that I can see.

In the mean time, use a tunnelbroker, while you can not get

I don't see any advantage.

There aren't really any.

That's the point.

Doubtless, we we'll have to move. But why should I go first?

I know nothing about IPv6, not even enough to use it in my own little home network. All the sites I connect to are on v4. I would have to invest on hardware, and when my ISP does the inevitable and changes, then perhaps I'll have to invest again.

So no. They change first and carry us all. Like sheep in a flock. :-p

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.
(from 11.2 x86_64 "Emerald" at Telcontar)
Version: GnuPG v2.0.12 (GNU/Linux)