Re: [opensuse] Sharing kmail folders on network versus IMAP, versus?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 21:19:25 +0100 (CET)

On Tuesday, 2011-01-04 at 14:49 +0530, Gustav Degreef wrote:

to imap will take some time. it's a challenge, but I'm looking forward
to it. I may follow-up on this thread later if I need more help. I
really appreciate everyone elses input. Gustav.

I had the same fears as you, but it was really easier than I thought. I'm using dovecot.

Notice that, at least with dovecot, you don't need to change how you get and clasify your email. You can download email using kmail, do the filtering with whatever tools kmail has (or evince, or thunderbird, or pine... whatever). The only thing that changes is where you store the email. Or not: I haven't changed how I do all that.

With Alpine I can access my folders directly, as files in my home folder, or via imap. I have both worlds.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.
(from 11.2 x86_64 "Emerald" at Telcontar)