Re: [opensuse] Split DNS?
  • From: Lars Müller <lmuelle@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 19:00:32 +0100
On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 04:12:28PM -0800, Marc Chamberlin wrote:
Hi - Wonder if anyone has set up a split DNS server running on a
single system, with two NICs, under openSuSE? If so, did you rework
any of the daemon scripts to start a second named daemon? How did
you reorganize the named directories in the chrooted dir
/var/lib/named? Looking at the scripts this looks rather hairy, so
if someone has already done this, sure could use some pointers and
reworked scripts...

Last time I had to use this it worked. And the DNS server is still in
operation.

Even if you have to serve several networks with fitting zone files this
is mainly a question of the named runtime configuration. There is no
need to modify the init script as it is packaged.

Store your settings in /etc/named.d/<my_named>.conf and ensure to
include this file in the /etc/sysconfig/named:NAMED_CONF_INCLUDE_FILES

If this doesn't work for you please file a bug report.

Lars
--
Lars Müller [ˈlaː(r)z ˈmʏlɐ]
Samba Team