Re: [opensuse] samba packaging gurus - what's the correct translation for spec file options to samba ./configure options?
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 18:14:13 -0600
On 12/27/2010 07:20 AM, Lars Müller wrote:
On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 12:14:49AM -0600, David C. Rankin wrote:

I'm building an updated samba (3.5.6) for an old 10.3 box (to run in
standalone
mode) and wanted to make sure I got the configure options as close as
possible
to the spec file options. I think I have the basic options correct, but want
check if there are any additional options I should set/change to make sure
that
there are no conflicts with any other packages that may rely on the samba
files
being in any one particular place. I don't think there is any way to build an
rpm from the spec due to non-existent dependency packages.

From picking through the last 10.3 spec from discontinued/update it
looks like
the following will work:

Check the openSUSE Build Service repository network:samba:STABLE package
samba at
https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file?file=samba.spec&package=samba&project=network%3Asamba%3ASTABLE
for the line defining CONFIGURE_OPTIONS

As these package source build for all SUSE products I expect it to work
with openSUSE 10.3 as well.

Please keep in mind openSUSE 10.3 isn't longer feed with security
updates. Cf. http://en.opensuse.org/Lifetime

Lars

Lars,

Just a follow up. samba-3.5.6 rpms built fine on both 10.3 and 11.0
from the
spec file. The only file I had to find to meet dependencies was ctdb-devel
(rebuilt from a srpm). The rest of the packages are available in the
discontinued repos. Thanks again.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC