[opensuse] samba packaging gurus - what's the correct translation for spec file options to samba ./configure options?
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 00:14:49 -0600
Guys (Lars),

I'm building an updated samba (3.5.6) for an old 10.3 box (to run in
standalone
mode) and wanted to make sure I got the configure options as close as possible
to the spec file options. I think I have the basic options correct, but want to
check if there are any additional options I should set/change to make sure that
there are no conflicts with any other packages that may rely on the samba files
being in any one particular place. I don't think there is any way to build an
rpm from the spec due to non-existent dependency packages.

From picking through the last 10.3 spec from discontinued/update it
looks like
the following will work:

./configure \
--prefix=/usr \
--localstatedir=/var \
--docdir=/usr/share/doc/packages \
--with-privatedir=/etc/samba \
--with-lockdir=/var/lib/samba \
--with-logfilebase=/var/log/samba \
--with-statedir=/var/run/samba \
--with-swatdir=/usr/share/samba \
--with-configdir=/etc/samba \
--enable-cups \
--with-libsmbclient \
--with-winbind

Anybody see any missing or wrong options? Thanks.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC