Re: [opensuse] find plugin which plays video streams in firefox
  • From: Carl Hartung <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 11:35:48 -0500
On Sunday 26 December 2010 11:05:24 Istvan Gabor wrote:
<snipped>
Basil,
I think you only see the flash ad which introduces the actual video.
Correct me if I am wrong.
I can see the flash ad as well but after it the video window becomes blank.

Thanks for checking it, nevertheless.

Firefox 3.6.13
oS 11.1 x86_64

Hi Istvan (long time no 'chat')

The .aspx link document shows the plugin is Silverlight and the media is
a .wmv file.

On my system, Firefox offered to download and install the 'Moonlight' codecs
directly from Microsoft. I accepted the offer and can now view the media ...
for the most part, as the page seems to be sometimes buggy. I can't tell if
it's the code 'wrapping' the video in advertising or the embedded player,
itself, or how the player is presented in the page ? ...

Anyway, hth & have a happy 2011

Carl