Re: [opensuse] Can't connect to MySQL
  • From: Bogdan Cristea <cristeab@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 11:05:53 +0200
On Sunday 26 December 2010 11:02:18 xPol wrote:
I have been using a local dictionary, until a few day ago, with no
problems. The dictionary can be reached by a web browser pointing at
http://localhost:9000.

Recently, probably following the installation of a mysql-related package,
my dictionary cannot be reached any more. Here is the message i get:
Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (111

Try to start your MySQL server from Yast. If you still have problems, you
could disable all repositories except the DVD and do an unconditional update
on mysql