Re: [opensuse] Unset the Remeber Password (forget password) in ksesu
  • From: Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 21:10:25 -0500
* ritchie <ritchie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [12-22-10 20:52]:
running kdesu alone just complains...

ritchie@linuxbox:~> kdesu
kdesu: No command specified.
kdesu: Use --help to get a list of available command line options.

OK... looking at kdesu --help gives me...
-n Do not keep password

ritchie@linuxbox:~> kdesu -n yast2
kdesu opens with "remember password" unchecked. Good. Typed root password
started and closed yast2.

ritchie@linuxbox:~> kdesu yast2
Success password request dialogue appears. :-)

Thank you for putting me on the right path.

Was accessing my email on my linux system remotely from a "windoz" box
and did not try. Thought I was close but memory is getting worse and the
Dox XX doesn't help :^)