Re: [opensuse] Unset the Remeber Password (forget password) in ksesu
  • From: ritchie <ritchie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 01:50:00 +0000
On Thursday 23 Dec 2010 00:53:35 Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* ritchie <ritchie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [12-22-10 19:49]:
I was careless recently. I needed to install some software for my
daughter, and when she was logged in I ran Yast, up popped Kdesu (as
normal) I typed the root password and pressed OK. To my horror, after I
pressed the OK button, I noticed that the "Save Password" check box was
checked. Doh!

My 12 year old daughter can now run yast at any time without entering a
password. Obviously I feel like a right knob for not being more alert and
causing this less than ideal situation.

I have been unable to find the solution to "How to I get kdesu to
'forget' the password?"

aaah, type "kdesu" from a non-root prompt and remove the checkmark before
entering a command, ie yast2.

Hi Patrick,

running kdesu alone just complains...

ritchie@linuxbox:~> kdesu
kdesu: No command specified.
kdesu: Use --help to get a list of available command line options.

OK... looking at kdesu --help gives me...
-n Do not keep password

ritchie@linuxbox:~> kdesu -n yast2
kdesu opens with "remember password" unchecked. Good. Typed root password
started and closed yast2.

ritchie@linuxbox:~> kdesu yast2
Success password request dialogue appears. :-)

Thank you for putting me on the right path.

Regards

Ritchie