Re: [opensuse] Unset the Remeber Password (forget password) in ksesu
  • From: Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 19:53:35 -0500
* ritchie <ritchie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [12-22-10 19:49]:
I was careless recently. I needed to install some software for my daughter,
and when she was logged in I ran Yast, up popped Kdesu (as normal) I typed
the
root password and pressed OK. To my horror, after I pressed the OK button, I
noticed that the "Save Password" check box was checked. Doh!

My 12 year old daughter can now run yast at any time without entering a
password. Obviously I feel like a right knob for not being more alert and
causing this less than ideal situation.

I have been unable to find the solution to "How to I get kdesu to 'forget'
the
password?"

aaah, type "kdesu" from a non-root prompt and remove the checkmark before
entering a command, ie yast2.