[opensuse] kde4: 1.6G nepomuk/ (any way to limit this?)
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 21:59:17 -0600
Guys

Wondering why my .kde4 directory had ballooned to 2.7G, I did a du -hs on share/apps and noticed that nepomuk was eating 1.6G of space. I never use this thing and to my understanding it is still an application looking for a use. Yes, it is supposedly some generic metadata handler/index thing. So far I've never found a use for it. However, I'm concerned that it is one of those things that is integrated into everything like windows explorer and I don't know if I can just turn it off without further destabilizing kde4.

If I can turn it off, how do you do it? If I can't, then how can I tell it to only use 50M or so? 1.6G is just nuts. I suspect many of you have much larger indexes. Has anyone looked to tone this thing down and keep the index size smaller?

All ideas are welcome. (even the -- it's just like beagle -- kill it) approach would be fine.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC