[opensuse] Confusion about configuring mail server...
  • From: Oddball <monkey9@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 18:13:20 +0100
Hi List,

I am not in a position atm to get the mailserver set up at once...
I have a few hours every day to get the job done...
This way it is difficult to stay concentrated.
In yast is a section mailserver.
It says: mail server is not configured.
Select configuration type according your needs.
If you want to use sendmail as your MTA you have to use Standard

What exactly does that mean?

I have fetchmail, procmail and courier-imap installed atm, all seem to work.
When i choose advanced, there need some pkgs get installed.
When i use sendmail i get asked for my connection type...

tia for an answer,

Enjoy your time around,

Oddball (M9.) (Now or never...)

OS: Linux 2.6.34-12-desktop x86_64