Re: [opensuse] 11.3 on EEE PC 901 with LiveUSB
  • From: Myrosia Dzikovska <myrosia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 13:49:52 +0000
Well I think you missed a lot.
I didn't find it hassle to set up; I just copy-pasted and changed a few
IP addresses.

I understand the idea of not wiping out the disk.
That is how I'm running.  I can run a number of different kernels on
that old laptop;  I started this because that old laptop won't boot from
my USB stick; the BIOS is too old.

Sure. But would you trust this to work when you are out somewhere in a
hotel, travelling? That's what the eeepc is for, anyway. Plus, of
course, running a server that I can access from outside means making
sure it's sufficiently secure, hence it will add to the hassle.

At which point yes, maybe I should just wipe that disk to do an
install. But I really hope there is someone here who knows how to make
the LiveUSB version work.

Myrosia