Re: [opensuse] Non=generic icon in v11.3/kde4 desktop folder?
  • From: Stan Goodman <stan.goodman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 09:22:12 +0200
At 00:43:22 on Wednesday Wednesday 24 November 2010, Patrick
Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
* Stan Goodman <stan.goodman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [11-23-10
17:39]:
About a year ago I asked here if there was a way to associate a
given
icon file with a file in KDE3, and was told that there was not, and I
didn't pursue that further. I am hoping that KDE4 can do better.

I believe you were give bad information re kde3 as I frequently
assigned icons I perferred to apps on the desktop or kmenu.

Did you get the icon assigned to your kde4 java app?

Not yet. I have been too busy with other matters. I'll get to it.

About the magazine covers appearing being used as icons for some
issues but not for others (in kde3): It's hard to believe that the
publisher uses different schemes for embedding the cover graphic in the
PDF file. depending on the issue. I found the behavior very hard to
understand. Now that kde4 doesn't use the graphic at all for any issue,
the question becomes what subtle change in kde4 ignores the graphic
altogether. Or what is it about the graphic that causes either version of
kde to pick up the graphic for use as the icon, or to ignore it.

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on