Re: [opensuse] 200 line kernel patch!!
  • From: Doug <dmcgarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 13:02:32 -0500
On 11/18/2010 6:39 AM, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
El 18/11/10 00:01, michael getachew escribió:
Hello, i just tried out the 200 line kernel patch everyone is talking about and
does it make a big difference or what? i can actually do a make -j64 on the
linux kernel source code,compile firefox and browse the web seamlessly .

my question is will a patched kernel be found in opensuse repos anytime soon or
are we stuck with manually patching/compiling kernels?

This patch has been enabled in Kernel:HEAD for the *-desktop variants.

Is the patch available for Debian-derived variants, and if so, what would it be called in, say, Symantic Package Manager?

--doug

--
Blessed are the peacemakers...for they shall be shot at from both sides. --A.M. Greeley