Re: [opensuse] 200 line kernel patch!!
  • From: aledr <matrixworkstation@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 01:05:43 -0200
https://features.opensuse.org/310843

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 1:01 AM, michael getachew
<michaelhoustong@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello, i just tried out the 200 line kernel patch everyone is talking about
and does it make a big difference or what? i can actually do a make -j64 on
the linux kernel source code,compile firefox and browse the web seamlessly .

my question is will a patched kernel be found in opensuse repos anytime soon
or are we stuck with manually patching/compiling kernels?

for those of you who haven't read about it yet here is the original one:
http://lkml.org/lkml/2010/10/19/123
and here is the one i used which is a later version:
http://lkml.org/lkml/2010/10/21/49

i shouldn't go without mentioning that when i run make -j64 and all that
other stuff my system ended up freezing. i'm assuming it's because i was out
of memory but it could be that the patch i used was buggy.

[ ]'s
Aledr - Alexandre
"OpenSource Solutions for SmallBusiness Problems"