[opensuse] 200 line kernel patch!!
  • From: michael getachew <michaelhoustong@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 19:01:48 -0800 (PST)
Hello, i just tried out the 200 line kernel patch everyone is talking about and
does it make a big difference or what? i can actually do a make -j64 on the
linux kernel source code,compile firefox and browse the web seamlessly .

my question is will a patched kernel be found in opensuse repos anytime soon or
are we stuck with manually patching/compiling kernels?

for those of you who haven't read about it yet here is the original one:
http://lkml.org/lkml/2010/10/19/123
and here is the one i used which is a later version:
http://lkml.org/lkml/2010/10/21/49

i shouldn't go without mentioning that when i run make -j64 and all that other
stuff my system ended up freezing. i'm assuming it's because i was out of
memory but it could be that the patch i used was buggy.