Re: [opensuse] Write time performance - slightly out of topic
  • From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 17:21:46 -0800
I just saw that Drobo has announced a USB-3 external raid enclosure in
the last day or two.

USB-3 is a 4.8 Gbit/sec interface, so that should be able to deliver
over 200MB/sec of real world speed.

The empty chassis in $800 I think.

You can get a USB-3 add-in card for about $50, so for under $900 you
have a really nice solution. (You still have to buy drives for the
chassis. I'd go for the enterprise ones mentioned in my last post.)

Carlos, I think this is the ultimate openSUSE team member give away!
Forget stickers. "Join the openSUSE team and get a free USB-3 Drobo!"
;)

Greg