Re: [opensuse] How to cause Kmail to retrieve mail from a local file?
  • From: Anton Aylward <anton.aylward@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 09:11:55 -0500
Stan Goodman said the following on 11/11/2010 08:59 AM:

What I found especially attractive in that link is the suggestion of
ditching Akonadi, which I regard as a pimple on the posterior of KDE4.

I think you understate the case.
If you misconfigure the eye-candy in KDE4 it can consume a lot of your
CPU. However if you configure Akondi _correctly_ it will consume not
only a lot of your CPU but a lot of your disk bandwidth as well.

When the pimple is bigger than the posterior, what it is now called?

--
It's a well-known fact that the ISO/OSI seven-layer protocol stack actually
has two additional layers: