Re: [opensuse] Printing from Windows Computers to Suse Printers
  • From: jsa <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 12:11:05 -0700
On 10/24/2010 10:57 AM, Bob Williams wrote:
Hi Michael,

On Sunday 24 Oct 2010 00:10:57 Michael S. Dunsaavage wrote:
On 10/23/2010 3:09 PM, Bob Williams wrote:
I'm not sure which services to allow. Windows calls them Exceptions.
Anyway, I turned the Windows firewall off completely, and the desktop
(samba) machine appeared briefly. However, clicking on it says it's not
available and suggests I check my spelling..

can you connect by manually typing in the Explorer address bar \\server
or \\ip ?

Yes, that works. I can immediately see and browse all my /home shares. But
the
"Network" application in Windows Vista doesn't see my linux box.

Bob

Try the command (as root) rcnmb restart
This has cleared up problems for me in the past.

This may be because of which computer is demanding to be the browse
master. In my experience, setting Samba to win all browser elections
works best. YMMV.
Also remember that windows is really slow scanning the local net.

--
Explain again the part about rm -rf /