Re: [opensuse] Printing from Windows Computers to Suse Printers
  • From: "Michael S. Dunsaavage" <mikesd1981@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 14:42:29 -0400
On 10/17/2010 2:28 PM, ka1ifq wrote:
Hello all,

I remember doing this before, but I am sure things have changed in 11.3.

I have 2 printers setup on my OS 11.3 and want to share one of them with a Win
XP computer on my home network.

I can see and setup the printer from the Win box but it shows a status of
Access Denied.

I did check online:http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Printing_from_Windows_to_Linux
but some things it refers to I just don't find.

* 1.1 Step 1: YaST control center
* 1.2 Step 2: Edit /etc/cups/mime.convs configuration file
* 1.3 Step 3: Restart CUPS server

I do not find the file in step #2.

Thanks, Mike.

back to searching..
I set it up through Yast printer setup as the user I'm logging into as. Worked great for me. Then just used Samba to connect.