Re: [opensuse] Opensuse won't boot after Win 7 install
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 00:06:07 -0500
On 10/15/2010 08:42 PM, Mark Misulich wrote:
Not to open up another can of worms, but I haven't been able to install
Opensuse 11.3 on any of my computers using the dvd. The dvd isn't
recognized by the computer when I try to boot from it. The same
computers will recognize the 11.1 and 11.2 install disks. I have to
install 11.3 using the net install cd, because the computer will
recognize the presence of the cd when I try to boot from it. Any ideas
about why this is? If there is no quick easy answer to this I will open
another thread on this issue.

What did you use to burn the 11.3 DVD? I have always had success burning from
konsole or an xterm with:

growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/dvd=image.iso

No coasters at all...

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC