Re: [opensuse] root login not allowed from kdm
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 18:27:39 +0200 (CEST)

On Wednesday, 2010-10-13 at 16:40 +0100, Dave Howorth wrote:

El 2010-10-13 a las 16:40 +0100, Dave Howorth escribió:

At one place I worked, we had a teddy bear that did the debugging for
us. When you had a difficult bug, you sat the teddy where he could see
both you and the screen and then explained to him exactly what was
happening and why all the hypothetical explanations failed. He usually
solved the problems quite quickly, just by staring at you intensely at
the right moment.

You could try explaining it all to us in excruciating detail if you like ...

ROTFL! X'-)

And then you put teddy in front of the screen for inspiration, eh? That's unfair on us, we don't have such a good helper.

I have solved a few problems just by typing a question to post here. By the time I finish typing, often close to hitting send (minute before or after), I found the solution.

Probably because typing it all clears and organizes the mind.

Dave: if you post the problem, do so on another thread :-)

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.
(from 11.2 x86_64 "Emerald" at Telcontar)
< Previous Next >