[opensuse] root login not allowed from kdm
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 15:07:36 +0200
A user has fiddled with a system so that root logins are not allowed
from kdm. I can ssh in as root, and su to root. But not a graphic login.
I get a window that says "Root logins are not allowed."

So, I looked in the display manager settings, being sure that these
items are set as follows:

PERMISSION_SECURITY="easy local"
DISPLAYMANAGER_REMOTE_ACCESS="yes"
DISPLAYMANAGER_ROOT_LOGIN_REMOTE="yes"

It makes no difference. I have no idea what else they may have changed.
I edited the values in YaSt, just to be sure. I even restarted the
display manager (rckdm restart).

What else is controlling this?

The system is openSUSE 11.2, running KDE 4.5.2

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST

Ramböll Sverige AB