Re: [opensuse] Adding X fonts without an xorg.conf file
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2010 08:16:55 -0400
On 2010/10/08 13:35 (GMT+0200) Roger Oberholtzer composed:

If I do not have (want) an xorg.conf file, but I want to add fonts to
the system, what is the preferred location?

They are ttf fonts. So I guess I could add them
to /usr/share/fonts/truetype. But I really do not like adding things to
directories I see as being managed by the system. It seems that X does
not look, by default (i.e., without an xorg.conf file), in all folders
in /usr/share/fonts. If it had, I could have added a 'local' or some
such directory.

Whether it's preferred or not I cannot answer, but ~/.fonts works, and can be
symlinked to other users' homedirs if necessary.

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/