Re: [opensuse] Kde won't accept my password
  • From: "Michael S. Dunsaavage" <mikesd1981@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2010 20:42:01 -0400
* John Andersen<jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx> [10-04-10 20:12]:
On 10/4/2010 4:29 PM, Bob Rea wrote:
(2) Can you login as a different user?
root, yes, console and kde

(3) What does the login screen actually say - 'Incorrect password'?
no, I enter my password and it redisplays the login screen

This almost sounds like you have bin/false as a login shell or something
other than bin/bash
Then why could he log in to a text console?
I was thinking at first a hard drive space issue, but since he could login at console, I would say somewhere KDM may be confused? Does ~/.xsession-errors say? or even /var/log/messages if it could be a login problem maybe it's logged there.