Re: [opensuse] 'localhost' instead of machine name after reboot
  • From: kanenas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 19:14:31 -1000
On Friday 01 October 2010 10:35:55 am James Pifer wrote:
I don't remember what OS version you said this was, but I know NM in
11.3 had issues. Actually, I never liked NM at all so just stuck to
traditional settings.

11.1. I agree that NM has it's issues, but this is a laptop and I
occasionally switch to wireless. Plus connecting to a hotel wifi is much
easier with NM.

Thanks for the help.

James

try wicd. installed it a year and a half ago and never looked back at nm.
and wicd requires ifup. there are times where a change in wifi connections
between sleeping cycles requires a couple of reconnect tries, but all else
seems fine.
the only real bug, if you go to the connection details window and click on the
pwd, the dots will change to the actual pword.

d.