Re: [opensuse] remote installation
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 21:10:14 +0200
Mark Misulich wrote:

here are the contents of the /etc/dhcpd.conf file. I don't know for
sure that this is the correct file for configuring the server, but I
don't see any other likely candidate. So assuming this is the correct
one, please reply with how it should be configured after viewing the
file contents.

# router localization
option routers;
# network mask
option subnet-mask;
# main DNS server to be used
option domain-name-servers;

Do you have access to this? It means having a NAT gateway on (or thereabouts).

# set up if our DHCP server is supposed to be the default one in the
authoritative ;
# ping allowed
ping-check = 1;
# important! this is the location of the installation file!
filename = "pxelinux.0";

ddns-update-style none;
# subnet IP address
# accepted IDs in the netmask
subnet netmask {
range dynamic-bootp;

Okay. (I'm not sure about the 'dynamic-bootp' bit).

Now, where is your tftp server?

Per Jessen, Zürich (10.0°C)