Re: [opensuse] [Unsuccessful installation of operating system]
  • From: Stan Goodman <stan.goodman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 19:35:05 +0200
Felix:

In running:
grub> rootnoverify (hd1,5)
grub> kernel /boot/vmlinuz root_/dev/sdb6
grub> initrd /boot/initrd

I have tried every possible combination of hd(0/1,5) and sd(a/b), and in
each case get at the end a response of the form:

Linux-initrd@0x37583, 0xa6c156 bytes.

About posting the output of fdisk -r, there is an administrative problem.
Easy enough to run the command, and I see it running; I find no way to get
it onto a removable medium (i.e. USB stick)., because I don't know where
it is being written. It doesn't get into the directory I defined, nor into
the default RAMdisk.
--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on