Re: [opensuse] quasselcore doesn't run
  • From: Anders Johansson <ajh@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 19:20:04 +0200
On Sunday 26 September 2010, Sascha 'saigkill' Manns wrote:
Am Sonntag, 26. September 2010 18:05:39 wrote Anders Johansson:
On Sunday 26 September 2010, Sascha 'saigkill' Manns wrote:
The output is:
linux-f34p:/etc/sysconfig # quasselcore
quasselcore: symbol lookup error: quasselcore: undefined symbol:
_ZN9QMetaType15registerTypedefEPKci

I found the symbol. It looks like you have a quassel package built
against Qt 4.7. That symbol is in libQtDBus.so.4.7, not in older
versions of that library

Thanks for searching. So i think i must upgrade.
BTW: How can i search thing like such symbols? Can you explain me that
please?

Well, in this case I didn't have qt 4.7 installed, so I used google. The class
name in the above is QMetaType, and the method name is registerTypedef. It
didn't take much searching to find which library delivers it.

google is usually enough for finding these things. Otherwise I normally do
something like "find / -name \*.so.\* -exec nm -A -D {} \; | grep <symbol I am
looking for>" The library that contains the function in question will have it
tagged with a "T" and you'll see the address offset of the function within it.
Libraries which merely call it have it marked "U" for Undefined

Takes a while, but usually works

Anders