Re: [opensuse] latest kernel update breaks ATI binary driver
  • From: Anders Johansson <ajh@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 17:26:37 +0200
On Sun, 2010-09-26 at 16:08 +0200, Carlos E. R. wrote:
This link to a hack came up in the forums:

<http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1577815&page=2>

It recreates the missing function in the kernel headers.

(I'm not taking sides... I just don't have anything ATI >:-) )

I already posted a fix for the driver in this thread. Note that creating
the function outside the GPL ifdef is in all likelyhood a copyright
violation, you're not allowed to change the license

I thought that was important to the *buntu crowd

Anders