Re: [opensuse] question regarding virtual desktops (KDE)
  • From: John Andersen <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 11:52:40 -0700
On 9/21/2010 8:34 AM, Oliver Kullmann wrote:

I guess at home I have 10 windows open per virtual desktop (using the
maximal number 20 of them). I can't imagine that such possibilities
of dragging windows around in the pager will ever be useful for me (sure,
who knows), while it might cause windows suddenly to "disappear".

I can't imagine how such a workspace could possibly be useful.

How can you remember what is on 20 different desktops each of which
might have 10 applications, for 200 total applications running at the
same time?

You must spend more time launching FINDING stuff than it would take
to relaunch it.

Hey, don't get me wrong, huge thanks for testing the limits of the
desktop system, and if the only complaint is that its tricky to move
things around, that would suggest KDE4 is a huge success in stability.