Re: [opensuse] Problem with mount via device notifier
  • From: jsa <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 13:03:36 -0700
On 09/18/2010 12:58 PM, Anders Johansson wrote:
On Saturday 18 September 2010, jsa wrote:
/dev/sdb1 on /media/STORIES type vfat

(rw,nosuid,nodev,uid=501,utf8,shortname=mixed,flush)

Do I need some kind of magic in fstab or some hal entry?

Also why are the mount options in parentheses? I've not seen
that before.

I guess it is the output from running the "mount" command without parameters.
It always formats things like that

Anders

I took him at his word that it was from his mount table and leaped to
the conclusion he meant /etc/mtab or /proc/mounts

I've just never seen parens in either of those places.
Further, he mounted via the Device Notifier, not a command line.

Very odd.

--
Explain again the part about rm -rf /