Re: [opensuse] Has dual-boot changed?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 01:59:43 +0200 (CEST)

On Thursday, 2010-09-16 at 15:14 -0400, dwgallien wrote:

Surprisingly, I found this also works if linux is on a logical partition. Grub can be put in the boot sector of the extended primary with a pointer to the logical. The MBR code doesn't care if the primary is the extended.

Indeed! I know, because my laptop came with three primaries in use and I had to try install grub in the extended partition. Surprisingly, it worked nicely

--
Cheers,
Carlos E. R.