Re: [opensuse] KDE Stable (4.4) to Factory (4.5)
  • From: Will Stephenson <wstephenson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 21:48:12 +0200
On Friday 03 September 2010 17:02:49 dwgallien wrote:
On Friday 03 September 2010 03:59:55 John Andersen wrote:
Since 4.5 is getting good reports I think I will make this move
from my relatively virgin 11.3 install.
(unless someone jumps up and screams in horror).

Do I Remove the stable repositories, leave them there with lower
priority? Do I do this after or before updating?

I assume you by 'stable repositories' you mean KDE:Distro:Stable - if so,
remove them before updating

Step by step instructions from vanilla 11.3 are here:
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-kde/2010-08/msg00057.html

Will

--
Will Stephenson, KDE Developer, openSUSE Boosters Team
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH - Nürnberg - AG Nürnberg - HRB 16746 - GF:

Will,

A point of clarification, please -

The above msg refs using Factory for 4.5.0, and that upgrade went fine.
However, since this is Factory, the packages will continue changing,
apparently most are now at 4.5.1. Should not the user expect that there
could be incompatibilities or dependency issues since Factory is always in
flux? That is, Factory is not like a release where the packages are
tested in the aggregrate as a uniform set.

I wonder if, since Factory has moved on beyond 4.5.0, it wouldn't be better
to wait for a semi-official 4.5.0 spin?

We're going to be making a KDE:Release:4.5 repo and an 11.3 respin based on
it. Soon. Both will be 4.5.1 based.

Will

--
Will Stephenson, openSUSE Team