Re: [opensuse] fetchmail daemon fails to start on 11.3
  • From: Anton Aylward <anton.aylward@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 20:03:29 -0400
Andre Truter said the following on 08/25/2010 05:23 PM:
I installed a sever with openSUSE 11.3 and we use fetchmail on it.

But when I try to start fetchmail, I get the following:
--<snip>--
#rcfetchmail start
Starting fetchmailfetchmail: can't find a password for
fetchmail@/var/log/fetchmail.
startproc: exit status of parent of /usr/bin/fetchmail: 3
--<snip>--

Any idea how to get the daemon to start?
Thanks

According to the man page ...

fetchmail -d

But then again, according to man page you need a config file wherein
there are the passwords that apply to the userid for the site you're
fetching mail from.

Works for me.
Has for nearly a decade.

--
There is no legitimate religion apart from truth.
--John Calvin