Re: [opensuse] Xorg process taking 30% of processor
  • From: Peter Suetterlin <P.Suetterlin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 13:40:23 +0100
Rodney Baker wrote:

Turning of KDE4's desktop effects (i.e. suspend compositing) will drop the
CPU usage to near zero again.

While true, this is only a workaround. Wasting 20% of a really powerful
machine for *nothing* (it uses it even if nothing happens) is a bug and not a
blemish....

Same here an my laptop, though 'only' around 18% CPU, and goes down to some 6%
when deactivating compositing. Weird thing is, my system at home (also a
DualCore machine with an nvidia card, though an older one) does not show this
problem. Both are OS 11.2....

Pit

--
Dr. Peter "Pit" Suetterlin http://www.astro.su.se/~pit