Re: [opensuse] OT slightly: Manually recognizing SPAM emails
  • From: Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 18:57:04 -0400
On Tue, 2010-08-24 at 15:34 -0700, John Andersen wrote:
On 8/24/2010 3:29 PM, Duaine Hechler wrote:
John Andersen wrote:
On 8/24/2010 3:19 PM, Duaine Hechler wrote:
Now, if I can tell spamassassin to delete it from the POP server then
Who owns that pop server? If not you, you are TSOL.
Your best bet, if you don't run your own mailserver is to get a
gmail account and have it pick up the mail for you.
Their spam filtering is pretty amazingly accurate.
Since I have a AT&T Uverse account - it's YAHOO - BOOOOOOO
You aren't married to that.
Gmail has the ability to pick up your yahoo mail for you.
You can continue to use the same email address (or cut over to the
gmail one, (or do both if you prefer).
Run your Gmail account as Imap (or use web interface) and you
never even have to download the spam folder - saving bandwidth.
I wouldn't even attempt this on Yahoo.

Or create an account at Fastmail.fm to use a company that supports Open
Source and provides many of the very same features.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> LPIC-1, Novell CLA
<http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com>