Re: [opensuse] KDE3 again :)
  • From: Anton Aylward <anton.aylward@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 07:23:26 -0400
Rodney Baker said the following on 08/16/2010 07:03 AM:

Funny, I didn't notice too many changes in the way I worked between KDE3 and
KDE4. Sure, a few options have moved around, some things took a couple of
minutes to find but nothing was insurmountable. Once KDE4.1 arrived I don't
think I started KDE3 ever again.

+1

This is free software. You have the right to use it or not. You have the
right
to file bugs, feature requests and actively and constructively participate in
the community. You have the right to submit patches. Unfortunately you also
have the right to bitch and complain as much as you like to anyone who'll
listen but this isn't the place to do that. If you want to contribute
positively, now's the time to start. Otherwise, keep up the good work with
the
KDE3 repositories and leave KDE4 (and the devs) alone.

That's a valid point.
Ilya - and others - have an opportunity to prove, is say PROVE, that
KDE3 is better than KDE4 by making it better. Why they think they can
make it better by decrying KDE4 I don't understand. All they are doing
is demonstrating to the neutral community-at-large their intolerance.

In sales and other areas "actions speak louder then words".

Ilya - and others - _say_ KDE4 is broken but won't follow that up with
the _action_ or reporting bugs and describing the context and settings
(as was mentioned earlier). To the rest of us this seems more like
the proverbial 'dog in a manger' attitude begrudging the rest of us what
he cannot or will not himself enjoy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dog_in_the_Manger

--
Virtually every major technological advance in the history of the human
species-- back to the invention of stone tools and the domestication of