Re: [opensuse] Re: OpenSuse 11.3 is what?
  • From: C <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 00:15:49 +0200
On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 23:34, Greg Freemyer wrote:
But in all this, other than sax2 I don't know what was lost from
before if I do 2 simple things:

1) Add "nomodeset" to the grub boot entry.  That keeps the new KMS
kernel drivers from being used and instead causes the old frame buffer
drivers to be used.  That's what 11.2 and older used as I understand
it.

2) From init level 3 run "x --configure" to create a basic xorg.conf
file in your home directory.  This file will have the all of the
autodetected features in it.  You can then copy it down to
/etc/X11/xorg.conf and tweak it to your hearts content.

Admittedly tweaking xorg.conf via sax2 was easier than by hand, but
the ability to tweak is not gone aiui.

Exactly... I was just hoping to catch the "why did we loose sax2"
argument before it started :-)

C.