Re: [opensuse] Compiz/KDE4
  • From: "pistazienfresser (see profile)" <pistazienfresser@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2010 10:57:11 +0200
On 03/08/10 21:02, Jay Vollmer wrote:
Hello listmates.

I've got 11.3 up and running happily on my ThinkPad T61p (nVidia) and
all is well except that while running Compiz I can't get the desktop
to be transparent - I'd like to be able to see the other desktops on
the cube and any thing like gears or fish on the inside.

I've installed the full ccsm utility and have adjusted the opacity
while not rotating setting to where I'm used to having it, but no
setting produces anything other than 100% opacity for the desktop.

Is there anyone here who can think of what I might be doing wrong?
Does one of the new KDE features keep the desktop from being
transparent?
While I've got your attention on Compiz, does anyone know what
happened to the fish, and the window burn animation? I've installed
all the Compiz extras and these are still missing.
Hi Jay, hi list,

I do want to kill my old on-board intel graphic card on my 11.2 oS and I
mostly use Gnome.

But if I open the ccsm (CompizConfig Settings Mangager)
there is not only the option to check or uncheck the "[ ]" in front of
"Enable Desktop Cube" but also the possibility to click *on the text*
"Enable Desktop Cube".
If I do that there is the register "Transparent Cube" with settings for
opacity during and without rotation and for mouse rotation.

Is this what your (Jay) were looking for?

Greetings
pistazienfresser

--

- openSUSE 11.2 with GNOME 2.28.2 (or KDE 4.3.5) and Kernel Linux
2.6.31.12-0.2-pae (or default, Ubuntu 10.4 LTS 'lucid'