Re: [opensuse] howto Delay switch to graphics mode on boot to monitor samba, mysql & ntp??
  • From: auxsvr@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 19:05:29 +0300
On 2010-08-02 14:25, auxsvr@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Monday 02 of August 2010 15:00:29 Carlos E. R. wrote:
I have sometimes the login fail. I can type, but it crashes and
returns to the login screen.

There's a timeout value, ServerTimeout set in
/usr/share/kde4/config/kdm/kdmrc for kdm, after the elapsing of
which kdm aborts the session. If your session startup takes too
long, perhaps you should increase this value.

No, there is no sense in atempting to login before all services are
started. Once all are started login works fine.

There are ~15 services started after kdm here, and I never had your
problem.

Regards,
Peter