Re: [opensuse] So tried KDE4
  • From: Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 09:17:00 -0400
* Istvan Gabor <suseuser04@xxxxxxx> [07-30-10 06:02]:

Is it also FUD when I asked for features back, I got the answer from
Sven Burmeister that I have to pay for it or do it myself or no to use KDE4?

No, a little harsh, but facts-of-life. These apply if you request
something and someone else does not do it for you (and themselves and
others). You must remember that 99% of the work is performed by non-paid
volunteers. Do you slap someone when pleading for them to work for you
for free? And the features you want must be concisely described and
presented in the proper forum, bugzilla. Bitching on the list only
accomplishes ill feeling and NOISE. Attitude is paramount.

FACT: KDE3 is dying and loosing function despite dwingling efforts to
extend it's life! The longer you resist, the more wasted effort
you will expend.