Re: [opensuse] KDE3 on 11.3 ??
  • From: Anders Johansson <ajh@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 21:41:30 +0200
On Saturday 24 July 2010 21:28:10 Илья Черных wrote:
People hated it. Nearly no one wants to use it. Apple tried it in 1986 -

people hated it then, they ditched it. Windows tried it - people hated it,
so they ditched it.

Well, besides Gnome it is the main (and possibly, single) mode in E17, in
ROX, in OS/2 WPS, Finder, GEM etc etc. Most desktop environments have this
mode in a file browser and many use it by default or as the only available
mode. If people hated it it would not be implemented in such a variety of
systems.

Testing your claims.

ROX-filer does not operate with spatial navigation. Clicking on a folder opens
it in the same window. Middle-clicking opens in a new window - exactly the
same as in dolphin.

I'll test E17 now, I can't test OS/2 and Finder since I don't have those
operating systems here, but if your past history on this list is anything to
go by, you probably just made things up again, just as you did about kde
developers and the ROX-filer

Seriously, don't you care about your credibility at all?

Anders