Re: [opensuse] opensuse 11.3 display anomaly
  • From: lynn <lynn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 11:05:54 +0200
On Friday 16 July 2010 10:33:00 Sven Burmeister wrote:
Am Freitag, 16. Juli 2010, 09:29:47 schrieb Hans de Faber:
When the install was finished and after a reboot I started the
systemmonitor. The symtemmonitor stopped and after a small
mousemovement or a push on the spacebar the display continued.
I switched off all disktop effects,logout login, but it doesn't help.
Systemmonitor or something else yast or so it doesn't matter everything
freezes until I touch the keyboard or move the mouse.
The only thing that helps is a reboot to 11.2.

Just to exclude posible userconfig in the homedir I created a fresh
default useraccount.
The problem stays,the systemmonitor starts after a few seconds the graph
freezes and after a touch of the mouse or keyboard it continues for a
few seconds and the display frezes again til i touch......

Did you try to use the binary NVIDIA driver? Maybe noveau cannot handle
your graphics card. On
http://kdeatopensuse.wordpress.com/2010/06/27/kde-week-2425/ you find some
hints regarding removing nouveau.

Sven

I have Nvidia 6100. Before doing the 11.2-11.3 upgrade from DVD can anyone
confirm it works with the new nvidia driver or not?

Thanks.