Re: [opensuse] Portals for 11.1, 11.2, 11.3
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2010 11:00:08 +0200
On Wed, 2010-07-07 at 22:41 -0500, Rajko M. wrote:
On Wednesday 07 July 2010 01:52:17 Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

I think there should be a Portal page (sans the :xxx) that explains how
all the Portal:xxx pages play together. After all, anyone who is at the
Portal:xxx stage of finding things is probably new, and an explanation
of how the Portal:xxx pages work together must be useful.

That would be Help:Portal, but in general navigation between portals should
be self documenting (intuitive). IMO, if it has to be explained then it is
failed design.

I guess if one searches for Portal, the Help page could be listed first,
followed by everything else. As well as being at the top of the links
shown to the left.

Is there a reliable system for knowing which pages will have help and
what the help page will be called? There is no page called simply
"Portal", but there is help for it. I hope is is not a matter of having
to guess and see what help arrives. I ask because our own internal
development wiki lacks a proper system of naming pages. Getting the
developers to follow any system would be like the proverbial herding of
cats. I am on the look-out for a brilliant wiki page naming scheme that
is intuitive and useful, which would increase the chance that it
actually gets used! Maybe you folk have cracked the mystery.

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST

Ramböll Sverige AB