Re: [opensuse] automatically restarting daemons in rc scripts
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 11:30:14 +0200
Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

1. If a daemon started in an rc script fails, how to get it to be
started again? I know how to do this with inittab. But individual rc
scripts are not usually managed this way. The rc script uses the
startproc function to start the daemon. Is there a way to tell that to
restart the script if it exits? Or do I need to move the rc script to
inittab? That would mean fiddling with the openSUSE RMS's
installation, which is potentially problematic if the RPM gets
updated.

I tend to wrap such problematic daemons in a short restart-script. That
way I know when it is restarted and I can control it.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (16.3°C)