[opensuse] vsftpd stopped working after power outage or using Yast2 Installation Server.
  • From: Boyd Lynn Gerber <gerberb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 10:41:54 -0600
Hello,

I tried to undo the instation server stuff. I removed it from rsync, http
and I thought I had from ftp. vsftp.conf is the same as far as a diff
from Aug last year and now. Because I could not get it to work I did a
/etc/init.d/vsftpd stop and /etc/init.d/vsftpd start

It did not fix it. Some how ftp://ftp.zenez.com/ stopped working. I am at
a loss for what it might have done. I also ran the FTP Server Yast2 to
see if that would help. All that seems to have done is now you do not get
a listing every thing times out. Any ideas on how to get this back
working. I have had a few people report it and google tries to spider it
and it can not. Any ideas on how to get this working are greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

--
Boyd Gerber <gerberb@xxxxxxxxx> 801 849-0213