Re: [opensuse] Which package for 'Hotkeys' EEEPC?
  • From: Oddball <monkey9@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2010 09:35:00 +0200
Op 08-06-10 09:11, Herbert Graeber schreef:
Am 07.06.2010 23:43, schrieb Cristian Rodríguez:

El 07/06/10 16:35, Herbert Graeber escribió:

With 11.2 my EEEPC 900a works out of the box, except the Fn_keys for screen
switching.

Ok, and that eeecontrol package is needed to make those keys work ? or
what ?

No, it's not, atleast for my EEEPC 900A. eee-control depends on a
special kernel module (eeepc-acpi) made by asus. Since openSUSE 11.2 the
kernel has is own kernel module (eeepc_laptop) for this, which does the
job. All these backports of eee-control and eeepc-acpi origin from pre
openSUSE 11.2 time and shouldn't be used for openSUSE 11.2 and above.
Best they would be purged from the Build Service, because the more harm
than help.

The situation may be different for newer EEEPC models, but in this case
newer kernel versions will help. Most of the newer EEEPC will start work
fine with openSUSE 11.3.

Herbert

The concept to be able to change functions of these keys attracts me, as
some other abilities do not seem unessesary
to me....
What is needed to get this on kde also?
I mean, standard, with installation of opensuse on an eee-pc?